Basic Knowledge for Traveling With Digital Camera

During traveling it is not as easy as with a conventional camera with a roll or two of film. A digital camera has a fixed storage capacity and we can only add to it by buying expensive flash memory cards.×280&!5&btvi=2&fsb=1&dtd=73907

To compensate for this, it therefore makes sense to carry a notebook computer – if we have one — and transfer the pictures to it periodically to free the badly needed camera memory. We can also preview the pictures and decide if we want to erase them, e-mail them, or post them on our blog or Facebook.

If our notebook computer has a CD writer then we can transfer the images to a CD. We can even carry a small printer and print the images, or have them printed at a shop that provides this service.

If we do not want to carry a notebook, the images can be transferred directly to a portable hard drive. This battery-powered, palm-sized device may come with or without a monitor. Or we can also transfer pictures to a Click Drive which is a portable storage device, powered by a rechargeable battery. Once the images have been transferred to the Click Drive, we can free up space on our flash memory card by erasing the images. When a Click Drive gets filled we can replace it with another one, each may cost $10. Once we return from the trip, we can transfer the images to our computer. If a person is planning on a lot of traveling with a digital camera, this would be the way to go.

Electricity and power are not the same in different areas of the world and there will be many ways to compensate for it. In the US, the power supply is 110 volts and 60 Hz, whereas when you travel overseas, the voltage may be 220 volts and 50 Hz. The wall outlets may also be different. We will need an adapter kit, to plug in our notebook computer, AC adapter, or battery charger.×280&!6&btvi=3&fsb=1&dtd=73956

A transformer is suitable for use with electronic devices. A converter can be used with electrical appliances like hair driers. But, it can harm devices over time and should not be used for more than a few hours. Transformers can be used for longer periods, though they tend to be heavier. When traveling, if a modem will be needed we would need to find out about the type of adapters that are used in the country where we are going.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *